Step Three: Supporting Health with Clinical Nutrition
Our bodies are amazing in their capacity to repair damage caused by toxins. But because of the increasing burden, these defense mechanisms are overwhelmed. Our bodies can no longer keep up and are depleted in the process. We support the body in coping with the stress of environmental toxins by:
- Feeding a natural diet (if possible) or one that supports healing.
- Using whole-food nutritional supplements that help repair the damage caused by toxins and that assist the body in the elimination of toxins. Using Muscle Testing, we can identify the specific nutrients needed for repair and detoxification.
- In addition to nutritional support, we can use homeopathic therapy to strengthen the life force.
Preventative medicine involves three steps: recognizing the causes of disease, taking steps to reduce exposure and supporting health. This last step includes appropriate nutrition, supplements that aid in the elimination of toxins, and the use of therapies (such as homeopathy) that strengthen the life force.
Step One: Recognizing Causes of Disease
There are many causes of disease. It is important to understand that each of us is susceptible/vulnerable to different things. The same toxins can affect individual household members in different ways. Equally important is the accumulative effect of the toxins and stressors on health. The threshold of toxicity varies from individual to individual. Some of the most significant disease-causing agents in animals include:
- Vaccines: damage the immune system, contributing to allergies, auto-immune diseases & cancer.
- Electromagnetic field energy: produces a deleterious bioelectric effect on our cells (which pulse at 8 Hertz). The nervous system, immune system and the endocrine system (hormones) are most affected. Electrical devices (especially fluorescent lights/CFL's, smoke detectors & electric blankets) and power lines produce low-frequency energy (60 Hertz). Though controversial (according to the industry), there is evidence linking EMF exposure with cancer. But, high-frequency energy (100,000 Hertz - produced by cell phones, cell phone towers, SmartMeters) is even more damaging. Geopathic energy (produced by underground faults, water, caverns) includes a variety of harmful energies and can lead to ant & spider problems, deformed plants as well as damage to our nervous system. If you have heavy metal toxicity, you are even more susceptible to harmful energy. Luckily, there are protective devices now available and we can provide nutritional support to protect the nervous system.
Step Two: Reducing Exposure
Increasingly, there are alternatives to the use of toxic products. The following are some examples:
- Reduce the use of vaccines. You probably don’t need most of them. We can run antibody titers to verify immunity.
- Reduce or eliminate the use of insecticides (for flea and tick control): there are nontoxic alternatives.
- Use safe alternatives to toxic household & pet products (beds, furniture, paint, pet toys).
- Install water filters for drinking water and for the shower (chlorine is very carcinogenic).
- Avoid canned cat foods that contain BPA (see us for a list of clean foods). Avoid kibble, especially in cats (kibble foods contain Genetically modified foods). Do feed organic produce and grass-fed meats when possible.
- Use EMF home protection devices from EarthCalm and SafeSpace.
- Avoid electric blankets and heating pads
A set of Dr. Chalmers handouts (previously only available to clients) on vaccines, nutrition, flea control, obstacles to cure and a home toxicity survey are available for purchase for $10, includes resources and references; call the office if interested (707)538-4643.
“Polluted Pets” (April 2008): www.ewg.org/reports/pets
“Heal Your Home: The Case for Precaution” www.coopamerica.org/go/healyourhome
Toxic Bedrooms: Your Guide to a Safe Night’s Sleep, by Walter Bader (Freedom Press, 2006). Available from www.lifekind.com
Help change the law for Rabies Vaccine Requirements; go to the Rabies Challenge Fund- www.rabieschallengefund.com